http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/argus1967/fist.jpg

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Insults

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is not exactly a deep thought, but I wonder why classic insults typically include body parts that are usually contained in a set of jockey shorts:

"Hey! DICK FACE!"

"Did you hear what she said to me? What a cunt."

"No. I said Combo #1, penis-breath."

And of course, there are the combinations:

"Suck my dick, you retarded asshole."

Who decided these are the insults? Society has taught us that these are the bad words, but what if back in the day, our ancestors had arbitrarily chosen different body parts?

"I say, give me my shield, you dimwitted kneecap."

"That's right. Lick my elbow, you wench."

"Where is my mead, you useless earlobe?!"

But it's probably not arbitrary at all, but because disgusting bodily emissions usually seep from the insulting orifices we are familiar with.

That is all.

6 Comments:

Blogger aughra said...

anyone ever call you nostril?

9:52 PM  
Blogger Wardo said...

Not yet.

9:55 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

can we insult other people by naming bodily emissions then?

12:09 AM  
Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

I prefer to use the aforementioned emissions as part of my insults. Like "fuckstain."

3:36 PM  
Blogger Blake said...

My favorite is "shit stacks"

Blake

9:05 PM  
Blogger Matt Bell said...

"Where is my mead, you useless earlobe?!" -- Doesn't that cry out for a t-shirt? I'd buy one.

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home